ESL - English as a Second Language
Fall 2021 semester classes have begun!
Students interested in joining ESL classes during the Fall Semester need to
register for orientation using our online registration page
New student orientation will be administered on the following dates:
Wednesday, September 1st
Wednesday, October 20th
- Classes are free.
- Choose morning or evening classes.
- Students meet with teachers virtually weekly.
- Multi-Level ESL classes for EUSD parents Farr Elementary, Felicita Elementary, and Orange Glen High School are available online.
- Registration is ONLINE. Please use the link in the menu to the right.
- New ESL students will be required to take an in-person placement exam during orientation.
Escondido Adult School offers six levels of English as a second language. Students are placed in their appropriate class level based on their orientation placement exams. Our class levels are as follows:
- Beginning Literacy
- Beginning Low
- Beginning High
- Intermediate Low
- Intermediate High/Advanced
Classes develop the four language skills of speaking, reading, writing, and listening. Courses integrate grammar and vocabulary with basic skills instruction to meet students' immediate needs in the areas of employment, health, housing, banking, and nutrition. Knowledge of American culture and idiomatic English are stressed.
- Our first weeks of ESL class will be critical to making sure you have the right tools to succeed in our class.
- We will be introducing a new curriculum with new materials and providing training to use technology to enhance learning English.
- Please see the "ESL Teachers" page for more information about each ESL class level.