ESL - English as a Second Language
Registration for Spring 2021 is now CLOSED
Fall 2021 semester classes begin August 10th.
Returning students with priority slips may attend orientation and registration for Fall beginning July 19th.
New or returning students may attend orientation and registration for Fall beginning July 26th.
Students can sign up NOW for mandatory Fall orientation using the registration link on our homepage or the link in the menu on the right or bottom of this page.
- Classes are free.
- Choose morning or evening classes.
- Students meet with teachers virtually weekly.
- Multi-Level ESL classes are available at Farr Elementary, Felicita Elementary, and Orange Glen High School.
- Registration is ONLINE. Please use the link in the menu to the right.
- New ESL students will be required to take an in-person placement exam. We will schedule a time and date to take your exam after you complete registration.
Escondido Adult School offers six levels of English as a second language. Students are placed in their appropriate class level based on their orientation placement exams. Our class levels are as follows:
- Beginning Literacy
- Beginning Low
- Beginning High
- Intermediate Low
- Intermediate High/Advanced
Classes develop the four language skills of speaking, reading, writing, and listening. Courses integrate grammar and vocabulary with basic skills instruction to meet students' immediate needs in the areas of employment, health, housing, banking, and nutrition. Knowledge of American culture and idiomatic English are stressed.
- All ESL classes begin on August 10th, 2021.
- Our first weeks of ESL class will be critical to making sure you have the right tools to succeed in our class.
- We will be introducing a new curriculum with new materials and providing training to use technology to enhance learning English.
Todas las clases de ESL comienzan el 10 de agosto de 2021.
Nuestras primeras semanas de clase de ESL serán fundamentales para asegurarnos de que tenga las herramientas adecuadas para tener éxito en nuestra clase.
Presentaremos un nuevo plan de estudios con nuevos materiales y brindaremos capacitación para usar la tecnología para mejorar el aprendizaje del inglés.