Diploma & High School Equivalency Programs
All New Academic Students MUST view the following video BEFORE registering.
- Students interested in our High School Diploma program or the High School Equivalency Certificate must first view our orientation video in order to decide which program they are best suited for.
- Orientation & Registration for our HiSET and Diploma programs are held on Mondays and Wednesdays. Please see our online registration page for orientation information, times and location!
- All students who wish to enroll for the Fall semester must first sign-up for a mandatory orientation session.
- Diploma students MUST bring a copy of their high school transcripts to orientation. Students will not be registered until transcripts are received.
Diploma Program General Information:
- For students who wish to complete their High School Diploma, the school offers a WASC approved 190 credit diploma program.
- A member of the counseling department will review your transcript and determine which classes you need to complete your diploma.
- All high school transcripts must be submitted and a diploma evaluation completed BEFORE students can begin the Diploma program.
- In order to achieve a Diploma, students will need to complete the following credits: (each class is worth 5 credits)
|Fine Art/Foreign Language||
HiSET Program General Information:
- We strongly recommend you consider the HiSet High School Equivalency Certificate if you need more than 45 credits to complete the High School Diploma program.
- You do not need High School transcripts or any record of previous schooling to participate in the HiSET Equivalency program. The coursework we offer is free, however, there are fees to take the HiSET exams offered by the testing company ETS. See the video above for more details.
- Typically, it takes one school year for the average student to complete 30 credits in the Diploma program. Whereas, the HiSet Equivalency Certificate exams typically take the average student only 9 months to complete.
- GED and HiSET offer the same High School Equivalency certificates, they are just two different companies with different brand names of tests used to earn the California High School Equivalency certificate. We offer the HiSET study program because the HiSET exam tends to yield a higher passage rate and our students prefer the structure of the HiSET test in comparison to the GED.
Diploma or HiSET?
Of course, it is up to you to decide. Please take everything you learned from the video and the information listed above to make the best decision as to which option would best suit your needs.
Academic Program Attendance:
- Students are expected to maintain regular weekly attendance and check-in with Diploma or HiSET teachers via Zoom, text, or email.
- Students who do not or are unable to continually log online attendance via their Diploma Engenuity or HiSET virtual coursework will be dropped from their Academic program and must re-register for classes.
- Teachers will notify you if you are in danger of being dropped for non-attendance.
- Please understand our Diploma and HiSET program content is accessed online. These programs require reliable WiFi and a laptop or tablet to operate.
- While you can access content on a smartphone, it is very difficult to complete assignments and coursework without a laptop or tablet.
- We do offer a computer lab for students to use at our Crest Campus during school hours 8:30am-8:30pm.
- We do not provide equipment to students to use at home. Students must provide their own technology equipment to work from home.
Testing General Information:
- Escondido Adult School has an official Pearson Vue testing lab that is an official testing site for the GED, HiSET, and many other tests.
- These tests must be taken at an official testing center.
- They cannot be taken at home as some Internet sites suggest!
- All Academic program students are required to participate in a CASA's reading exam before starting a diploma or HiSET program and again before they complete their program.
- During the orientation process, students will be given their first CASA's exam.
Welcome to the Escondido Adult School Family! We look forward to helping you reach your goals!