Diploma & High School Equivalency Programs
We are so excited you are considering EAS to help you reach your academic goals!
To best serve you, please review the following steps and protocols to get your journey to success started.
- Students interested in our High School Diploma program or the High School Equivalency Certificate must first view our orientation video in order to decide which program they are best suited for.
- Orientation & Registration sessions for our HiSET and Diploma programs are ongoing. Please see our online registration page for orientation information, dates, times, and location!
- All students who wish to enroll must first sign-up for a mandatory orientation session.
- Diploma students MUST bring a copy of their high school transcripts to orientation. Students will not be registered until transcripts are received.
High School Equivalency & Diploma Requirements
HiSET Program General Information:
- Language Arts, Reading, Language Arts, Writing, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science
- Reasoning/Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, Social Studies
- Our average student takes 3-9 months to complete all 5 exams. Both certificates are recognized as equivalent to a high school diploma.
- We strongly recommend you consider the HiSet High School Equivalency Certificate if you need more than 45 credits to complete the High School Diploma program.
- You do not need High School transcripts or any record of previous schooling to participate in the HiSET Equivalency program.
- The coursework we offer is free. However, there are fees to take the HiSET exams offered by the testing company ETS. See the video above for more details.
- Potential diploma students have been enrolled in a United States high school at some point in their educational career and have a copy of their high school transcript.
- Students earn class credit by completing coursework through an online program called Edgenuity.
- In order to achieve a Diploma, students will need to complete their remaining credits unfinished from their high school for a total of 190 credits within the following categories: (each class is worth 5 credits)
|Fine Art/Foreign Language||
- On average, our students complete 40 credits (8 classes) in 9 months. This is why we recommend students who have more than 40 credits to complete for the high school diploma, consider taking HiSET to be able to finish their academic goals sooner.
- Students are expected to maintain regular weekly attendance and check-in with Diploma or HiSET teachers via Zoom, text, or email.
- Students who do not or are unable to continually log online attendance via their Diploma Engenuity or HiSET virtual coursework will be dropped from their Academic program and must re-register for classes.
- Teachers will notify you if you are in danger of being dropped for non-attendance.
- Please understand our Diploma and HiSET program content is accessed online. These programs require reliable WiFi and a laptop or tablet to operate.
- While you can access content on a smartphone, it is very difficult to complete assignments and coursework without a laptop or tablet.
- We do offer a computer lab for students to use at our Crest Campus during school hours 8:30am-8:30pm.
- We do not provide equipment to students to use at home. Students must provide their own technology equipment to work from home.
- Escondido Adult School has an official Pearson Vue testing lab that is an official testing site for the GED, HiSET, and many other tests.
- These tests must be taken at an official testing center.
- They cannot be taken at home as some Internet sites suggest!
- All Academic program students are required to participate in a CASA's reading exam before starting a diploma or HiSET program and again before they complete their program.
- During the orientation process, students will be given their first CASA's exam.