Regularly scheduled Fall 2022 classes begin on August 9th.
Some of our programs begin earlier or later. Please check the Fall 2022 catalog available on July 11th for the most up-to-date registration, orientation, and class dates for your specific program.
- Put on a happy face and get in touch with your inner artist.
- In this course, students learn to see their own experiences as subjects.
- Both man-made and natural objects will be explored.
- Various black and white and colored media will be introduced, such as graphite pencil, colored pencil, pen and ink, watercolor, and printmaking.
- The course is for all levels.
- Supply lists handed out on the first day of class. Students may spend $50 or more on supplies.
EXPLORING WATERCOLOR – AM & PM
- Using the colorful medium of watercolor, students learn to see the world around them through the eyes of an artist.
- The course is for beginning to advanced-intermediate students and covers the Elements of Art and the Principles of Design/Composition, so students can apply them to create successful paintings.
- Various subjects and techniques are presented with a light-hearted approach.
MIXED MEDIA APPROACHES IN WATERCOLOR AND ACRYLIC
- Experimental water media approaches to watercolor and acrylic are explored with a focus on composition, negative painting, and textures in still life, landscape, and figurative works.
- Learn to build up layers with translucent hues and simple printmaking techniques.
- Metaphors and messages play a thoughtful role in student’s works with added bits of collage and text.
PAINTING IN PASTELS
- A class for all skill levels in pastel.
- Pastels are an exciting and immediate medium, which incorporates both drawing and painting simultaneously.
- Explore techniques and gain drawing skills in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Techniques include cross-hatching, broken color, blending, and feathering.
- Landscapes, animals, and botanical subject matter will be emphasized.
- Different papers or grounds will be explored to determine which is best for your style of painting.
- Students will work in class along with critiques and group demonstrations.
WATERCOLOR FUN 4 EVERYONE
- In this fun, relaxed watercolor class students learn drawing and painting skills that enable them to create paintings of a variety of subjects, including but not limited to, windows, doors, bicycles, cats, dogs, buildings, and landscapes.
- Students will see all techniques demonstrated in class and learn how to decide what colors to mix, how to arrange the composition, how to find time to paint, how to silence that ‘inner art critic’, and how to come up with creative ideas.
CALLIGRAPHY, THE ART OF BEAUTIFUL WRITING
- Learn the art of Calligraphy, beautiful writing, using a chisel-tipped ink pen and the italic, Roman, and Gothic alphabets.
- Create patterns, bookmarks, gift tags, name cards, greeting cards, quotations, manuscripts, and many more practical, useful, items.
- Students may spend $50 or more for calligraphy pen, ink, paper, and supplies.
- If you’ve always wanted to learn floral arrangements, this is the class for you.
- Create beautiful, long lasting, professional looking arrangements for everyday or special occasions, no experience needed.
- Students take their arrangements home. Cost of flowers $7. All other materials provided.
- Instructor holds 1st Master Certificate in Ikebana from Japan.
Please see our online registration page or our catalog for class dates and times!