Building & Construction Trades
Building & Construction Trades
For class times, dates, and more info register here: https://escondidoadultschool.asapconnected.com/
INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER AIDED DRAFTING – AUTOCAD (Offsite at SPHS)
- This course introduces hands-on mechanical drawing and computer-aided
design (CAD) using Autocad Software.
- Instruction focuses on preparing and editing drawings, storage and retrieval of drawings, and production of commercial quality drawings on a plotter.
- Students gain skills in computer terminology and techniques in Windows.
WELDING AND METAL FABRICATION - BEGINNING (Offsite at SPHS)
- This course provides training in the practical use of welding equipment.
- Employment possibilities are in welder-repair and welder-fabrication.
- Instruction includes general shop practice and safety training in the use of equipment and machinery related to welding.
- The textbook theory is NOT the focus of the class, but rather practical, hands-on experience with welding equipment. Some reading and lecture are required.
- Students become familiar with different welding and cutting processes such as Shielded Metal Arc (SMAW/Stick welding), Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG or Heli-arc welding).
- The course also focuses on cutting steel with both oxy-acetylene and Plasma Arc systems.
- Prerequisites: Average hand-eye coordination, ability to work in awkward positions.
- Students must wear high-top shoes and work clothes. (No shorts)
- Approximately 60 hours of attendance are required for course completion.
- Upon completion, a certificate of competency is awarded for the course.
WELDING AND METAL FABRICATION ADVANCED (Offsite at SPHS)
- This course provides training in advanced welding techniques and positions in 4 main processes (SMAW, GTAW, GMAW, and FCAW).
- The class concentrates on skills work, or fabrication of small projects of the student's choice with the instructor’s approval.
- Student’s project materials are funded by the student with the use of the shop equipment provided by Escondido Adult School.
- Prerequisites: Complete at least 7 weeks of the Beginning Welding Course.
- Must have the instructor’s permission to take the Advanced course.
HOMEOWNER HANDYMAN 1 (Offsite at SPHS)
- Is the cost of home maintenance hitting your wallet? Learn to do it yourself!
- Come develop basic electrical, plumbing, sprinkler, and drywall skills.
- Necessary tools are provided.
HOMEOWNER HANDYMAN 2 (Offsite at SPHS)
- Confident in your handiness with basic home maintenance?
- Come build on a more advanced set of skills to tackle projects around the house.
- Power tools and hand tools are provided.
- Learn the safe operation and techniques of woodworking equipment.
- This is a multi-level class. First-time students looking to learn the art of woodworking will build a project with the instructor along with the rest of the class.
- This project will assist in teaching the student basic foundations so the student can apply their knowledge and skills into future projects in a safe manner.
- This is a hands-on, learn-by-doing class!
- Intermediate and advanced students can design their own projects and work at their own pace while being able to use the instructor as a resource.